cori's adventures of oral fun

my fun times (hopefully lasting less than 2 years) of the orthodontic and surgical correction of my open bite, crossbite and slight overjet. sickos! what did you think it was about???

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

are we there yet??? (55 weeks/12 months)

the gap is BIG, at least as big as it was last time I was at the ortho. It is just at/slightly larger than 1 mm (it’s hard to accurately measure a gap in your teeth on your own…). I better be ready for surgery. Appt for molds is in two days, pre-surgery consult with dr. keane is next Friday. Hopefully we can schedule the surgery at that time, whoohoo!!! I want this over with asap! It is getting quite annoying to not be able to schedule ANYTHING for July and August. I’m hoping that my surgery is in July. When I talked to dr. keane’s office they told me that his surgeries are on Wednesdays, and they usually schedule 30-45 days out. I’m hoping for July 13th, it would work best for me. If I can get in, July 6th would be awesome too. I’m thinking the 13th is a little early though, I would have a lot of dr. appts between now and then! But that’s fine, it doesn’t matter when it is, I’ll have a lot of pre-op stuff to do. If it was the 13th then I should hopefully be able to eat sushi for my birthday in September! That’s my goal anyway.

I’m getting more nervous/unhappy about the food situation. I can’t remember how long dr. keane said I would be banded shut. I know I have the splint in for 6 weeks and that whole time I’m on a no chew diet. That’s fine. Well it sucks but it’s ok. My question is, how long am I banded tightly shut? I have been talking to peeps who have had the surgery (a buyer at work that I have been talking with, she had surgery last may, and a girl on my new team who had upper and lower 3 years ago) and they both say that while you are banded/wired shut that you can’t eat anything. Even applesauce is too thick. Great…. I can’t imagine subsiding on vanilla and chocolate boosts/ensures and juice. Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home