cori's adventures of oral fun

my fun times (hopefully lasting less than 2 years) of the orthodontic and surgical correction of my open bite, crossbite and slight overjet. sickos! what did you think it was about???

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

ready, set, ... approval! (9 weeks in!)

my pre-auth approval came in the mail today! i am so relieved!

so, i get to have a 3 piece Leforte 1 (more info on that later... essentially they chop off my upper jaw, take a sliver of bone out to bring my back molars up, split it into three pieces and make it wider, put a bunch of plates and screws in there to hold it into place, and then bolt it back into my head) to fix my open bite/overjet/crossbite. i know alot of people have insurance issues and i am so glad that this went so smoothly! i panicked a month ago when we got a letter from the insurance saying that they wanted more info/proof of medical need (x-rays and all that...). i called my OS's office and they were already on top of things, i just wanted to make sure that they were sending it all in as i don't have that stuff! (although i do have a jpg of an xray of my skull. i have it up at work. some peeps love it, others are scared of it... personally i love it)

now i just wait for these braces to move my teeth to the liking of the ortho and OS. hopefully i can have surgery this year (although i was told 12-18 months in braces pre-surgery and from what i read of others experiences (on the yahoo surgery boards...) i know it may be even longer, and i'm not really expecting it to be this year. but we can all dream, right?), i don't want to go through the new year to add the chance that my hubby's insurance may change their policy... we have already looked into my insurance and it's a definite no go with them.

this almost makes up for the fact that tomorrow i get MORE SPACERS. yes. more rubber band bitches of torture. i do have full braces now but my ortho wants me to get brackets and bands on ALL teeth, even my very back molars. which i was expecting being that i'm a surgical case, i am just not looking forward to the spacers again... mashed potatoes and jamba juice, here i come again!

and i don't even care. :) i'm pre-approved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home