cori's adventures of oral fun

my fun times (hopefully lasting less than 2 years) of the orthodontic and surgical correction of my open bite, crossbite and slight overjet. sickos! what did you think it was about???

Thursday, July 28, 2005

day 9 - thursday

today was my last MLD appt. leslie and i think that i'm doing great and that most of what is left for swelling is the long term swelling that is going to stick around for a while, so she released me from her care. yea! MLD today was amazing. it was like a massage. so relaxing and wonderful. yea!

also today, i went on my first adventure alone! i went up to my hometown where my mom/family is. ron was at poker so my night was free.

on the way up there, i stopped at michaels for knitting needles to help finish up a project i am working on. by some miracle, they had them! whoohoo!

once back in my car i called my friend nicole, i haven't talked to her since before surgery (driving very carefully of course!). ron did call and tell her that i was ok and things went well, but i hadn't actually called her. she told me that she sent me a beautiful big bouquet of gerbs in the hospital, but just got a call two days ago from the flower store. turns out that they delivered them to a different cori in the hospital and they were just calling to let her know. she was a little pissed, they are calling her a WEEK later to tell her this! she said, "i want my money back to my credit card immediately!" apparently the person on the phone gave her crap about it so she said, give me your manager. she got the money back to her card that night. what a bunch of hosers! she said she would send me flowers some day. :) just knowing that she tried makes me feel happy.

my mom wasn't home and my sister was packing so i visited my grandma and grandpa while i was in town. they were happy to see me, my grandma said, "you aren't swollen at all!" i beg to differ of course. no, i'm not that bad, but i am still swollen!

my mom was home when i came back from my grandparents. she wanted coffee but my mom and i wanted ice cream so we went to DQ. i had a key lime pie blizzard, with no pie crust added to the blizzard. it was slightly good, but got old rather quickly.

then on my way home i gave into one of my many cravings and stopped at arby's on the way home. i got potato cakes and mozzarella sticks. yum! had an issue where the idiot running the cash register gave me $5 in change, when the total was $4.56 and i gave him $10.61. um... he gave me the five and shut the window. i looked at the five in my hand and thought, dude i may be on pain meds but this isn't right... i need $6.05 back! the guy finally came to the window with my food and i said, 'hey! i need more $, i need another $1.05, i gave you $10.61!". he said, "no, you gave me 51 cents, i threw in a nickel we had on the register." i said, "whatever, i still want my dollar." he had to go find someone to open the register, blah blah blah, i finally got my dollar. dork. i felt silly fighting with him, my speech isn't amazing yet thanks to swelling and my splint, i didn't want to fight him and i found it hard to get myself understood, but i did it anyway.

so i got home and mashed up my potato cakes, drizzled ketchup on them, yum! it worked well. my mozz sticks were another story. didn't work that well, i fork chopped one up and gave ron the others. oh well. win some, lose some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home